- Go to Settings → Users menu.
2. Create a user account with a valid email id.
3. Set the user rights according to his role and duties.
4. You can set the password at Action → Reset Password.
Documents Management System
- Go to Configuration → Department and create departments of your organization.
2. Go to Data → Directories and create Directories to save your attachments uploaded through the forms.
3. Go to the “Documents” menu to see all the documents according to the employees.
- Go to HRM → Profile → Configuration → Employee menu and add job positions, analytic accounts, departments, working schedule, bank, Entry and Exit checklist etc.
2. Go to the HRM → Employee menu and Create Employee Profile.
3. Go to the HR Setting tab and link Employee Profile with User Account, to login software.
3. Go to Profile → Prints and print required reports.
- Go to HRM → Profile → Configuration → Contract menu and add HR grades, Methods of Appointment and Contract Types.
2. Go to the contract menu and create contracts for employees.
3. If payroll configuration is already done, then select Salary Structure for employee in contract form. If payroll is not configured yet, go to the payroll menu and follow the steps described in the payroll section below.
4. Once the contract is created then move it to running state. Only one contract can be in running state. Contract in the Running State will affect the payroll.
5. When a contract is near to expire then it will move to To Renew state. Number of days to renew a contract can be set in the HRM → Configuration → Setting menu.
- Go to HRM → Attendance → Configuration → Device Vendor menu and add vendors of device.
2. Go to HRM → Attendance → Configuration → Biometric Device menu and add device. Check the device connection from the Device Connection smart button. Then Download the attendance. Once you download the attendance from a biometric device, it moves to the draft attendance menu. Download attendance may take a few minutes because it is dependent on internet speed and number of records to be downloaded.
3. Go to HRM → Attendance → Configuration → Settings menu and add overtime minimum and maximum limit.
4. Go to HRM → Attendance → Draft Attendance menu. Here are multiple options for creating the draft attendance record.
- Create Button: Create manual check in and check out records.
- Import(xls) Button: Download the attendance from biometric machine in .xls format manually. Put it in the sample format and import it in software.
- Generate Auto Button: This button creates a check in and check out records as per the time schedule selected in the employee profile.
- Confirm Button: This button moves the draft attendance records to Confirm Attendance. If there are any missing attendance records found, then first go HRM → Attendance → Missing Attendance menu and create missing check in and checkouts and then confirm the attendance..
- Go to HRM → Resignation → Configuration → Resignation Reasons and add a list of reasons why an employee would resign from your organization.
2. Go to HRM → Resignation → Configuration → Number of days and add number of days.
3. Go to HRM → Resignation → Configuration → Exit Interview Questions menu and different questions for interview.
4. Go to HRM → Resignation → My Resign menu and add a request to resign. An employee can submit his resignation and the HR Manager can submit this request for other employees of the organization. This request can be forwarded to his manager for recommendation or approval.
5. Go to HRM → Resignation → To Approve Request menu and see the request forwarded to you. You can take action on the request.
- Go to HRM → Objectives → Configuration → Targets menu and add targets
2. Go to HRM → Objectives → Configuration → Objectives Form menu, create Objective forms and link targets.
3. Go to HRM → Objectives → Configuration → Grading menu and add grades for achievements of the targets. It shows the level of achievements against targets.
4. Go to HRM → Objectives → Configuration → Vision/Mission menu and add the record for reporting purpose.
5. Go to HRM → Objectives → Objectives menu and create objectives for employees.
6. Go to HRM → Objectives → My Objectives menu. Here each employee can see his objectives.
7. Go to HRM → Objectives → Objectives to Approve menu. Here the manager can approve the objectives of his employees.
7. Go to HRM → Objectives → All Objectives menu. Here HR Manager can see all objectives of all employees.
- Go to HRM → Appraisal → Configuration → Appraisal Type menu and add records.
2. Go to HRM → Appraisal → Configuration → Question Category menu and add records
3. Go to HRM → Appraisal → Configuration → Appraisal Form menu and add the pages and questions.
4. Go to HRM → Appraisal → Appraisal Request menu. Each employee can request for his appraisal and can forward to his manager.
5. Go to HRM → Appraisal → To Approve Request menu. Here you can see the request forwarded to you for approval.
6. Go to HRM → Appraisal → All Requests menu. Here HR manager can see all requests for appraisal.
7. Go to HRM → Appraisal → My Appraisals menu. Here each employee can see his appraisals.
8. Go to HRM → Appraisal → To Review menu. Here a reviewer of the appraisal form can see the records forwarded to him.
9. Go to HRM → Appraisal → Appraisals menu. Here a manager can create appraisals for his employees. He can send it to reviewers. Once the email is sent to the reviewers, they can click on the link provided in the email, review the appraisal and submit answers.
10. Go to HRM → Appraisal → All Appraisals menu. Here HR managers can see appraisals for all employees.
11. The manager can complete the appraisal, check the answers and print the Appraisal Evaluation Report.
- Go to HRM → Training → Configuration → Training Location and configure the Training Locations.
2. Go to HRM → Training → Configuration → Training Type and configure the Training Types
3. Go to HRM → Training → Configuration → Training and configure the Training.
4. Go to HRM → Training → Configuration → External Attendees to add the attendees who are not the employees of your organization.
5. Go to HRM → Training to create an Employee Training record. Here you can see all the training sessions conducted till date and their status.
6. Go to HRM → Training and print Certificates and the Training Report after the completion of Training.
7. Go to HRM → Profile → Employees and click on the employee profile. Click on the “Print” button to print the employee Training Certificate. Employees themselves can download the certificate using this option.
1. Go to HRM → Leaves → Configuration → Leave Types and configure Leave Types.
2. Go to HRM → Leaves → Configuration → Leave Allocation and Allocate leaves to the employees.
3. To announce a public holiday, Go to Go to HRM → Leaves → Configuration → Public Holiday menu and create a new record for public holiday.
4. The manager can Approve the holiday and Send Emails to the employees the leave is applicable for.
5. If you have allocated leaves, go to the HRM → Leaves → My Leaves → Leave Request and create a leave request.
6. If you do not have allocated leaves, go to HRM → Leaves → My Leaves → Allocation Request and create an allocation request and forward it to your manager.
7. The manager can allocate leaves to you by going to HRM → Leaves → Configuration → Leaves Allocation. After that, you can request for a leave. (Check bullet number 5 for reference.)
8. The manager can go to HRM → Leaves → Leaves to Approve and approve the leave requests forwarded to him.
9. To see the leave report according to the Department, Go to HRM → Leaves → Reporting → Leaves by Department, add the departments and then click on print to get a PDF report.
10.To see the leave report according to the Employee, Go to HRM → Leaves → Reporting → Leaves by Employee, load the employees and then click on print to get a PDF report.
- Go to HRM → Leaves → Remote Duty → Configuration → Type and add the types of remote duty.
2. Go to HRM → Leaves → Remote Duty → Configuration → Purpose and add the list of purposes of remote duty.
3. Go to HRM → Leaves → Remote Duty → Own Requests and create a remote duty request and forward it to your manager. Employees and managers can create their remote duty requests here.
4. The manager can go to HRM → Leaves → Remote Duty → To Approve and approve the remote duty request. Here manager can see all the remote duty requests forwarded to him which he needs to approve.
5. The manager can go to HRM → Leaves → Remote Duty → All Requests and see all the remote duty requests forwarded to him which he can process the requests further.
- Go to HRM → Timesheets → Configuration → Settings and set the frequency of emails for timesheet updation and validation to the employees and managers.
2. Go to HRM → Timesheets → My Timesheets and add your tasks and time spent on them. Timesheet records created by the tasks of the project are also displayed here. Both employees and managers can see their own timesheet records here.
3. Go to HRM → Timesheets → All Timesheets to see all timesheet records of all employees. This menu is visible to the managers.
4. The manager can go to HRM → Timesheets → To Validate → Last Week to validate the timesheets of his employees updated in the last week.
5. The manager can go to HRM → Timesheets → To Validate → Last Month to validate the timesheets of his employees updated in the last month.
6. Go to HRM → Timesheets → Reporting → PDF Report and select the type, duration and Employee and click on print to download the report.
- Go to HRM → Termination → Configuration → Termination Type and add Types of Termination and configure the notice period duration.
2. Go to HRM → Termination → Configuration → Add Warning Limit and Validate it to get its effect on the employee profile.
3. Go to HRM → Termination → Configuration → Reasons and add possible reasons of employee termination.
4. Go to HRM → Termination → My Warnings/Termination to see warnings or terminations issued to you.
5. Go to HRM → Termination → All Warnings/Termination to create the warning or termination request for yourself or any other employee.
6. The manager can go to the HRM → Termination → All Warnings/Termination to create, validate, approve, issue or cancel any warning or termination process.
- Go to HRM → Recruitment→ Configuration and configure Religion, Job Positions, Departments, Industries, Skills, Degree Program and Stages.
2. Go to HRM → Recruitment → Job Positions and create a job position and apply job criteria to post for recruitment.
3. Go to HRM → Recruitment → Job Position and Publish the job post on the website.
4. Candidates can Apply for a job by clicking on the “Jobs” menu on the website.
5. Once an applicant submits the application, it is received in the HRM → Recruitment → Applications → All Applications. You can also see applications related to a specific job position in HRM → Recruitment → Job Positions → Applications.
6. Go to the HRM → Recruitment → Evaluation Form and create an evaluation form for the candidates who have submitted the applications for jobs.
7. If a candidate is shortlisted and interviewed, you can create his/her employee by going to HRM → Recruitment → Applications → All Applications → Create Employee.
8. To stop a recruitment, go to HRM → Recruitment → Job Positions and click on the Stop Recruitment button.
9. To unpublish a job position from your website, go to HRM → Recruitment → Job Positions and click on “Published on Website” smart button. It will take you to the jobs page on your website. Click on the bar with the “Published” button in the task bar at the top of the website page. It will unpublish the job position.
- Go to Noting → Own Requests → General to create a general noting request for yourself and forward it to your manager.
2. Go to Noting → Own Requests → Financial to create a financial noting request for yourself and forward it to your manager.
3. The manager can go to Noting → To Approve → General Noting to approve, recommend, forward or reject the general noting requests forwarded to him.
4. The manager can go to Noting → To Approve → Financial Noting to approve, recommend, forward or reject the Financial noting requests forwarded to him.
5. The manager can go to Noting → Recommend → General Noting History to see the general noting requests recommended to him and the complete recommendation history.
6. The manager can go to Noting → Recommend →Financial Noting History to see the financial noting requests recommended to him and the complete recommendation history.
7. Go to Noting → All Noting → All General Noting to see all general noting requests.
8. Go to Noting → All Noting → All Financial Noting to see all financial noting requests.
- Go to Payroll → Configuration → Salary Rules and configure Salary Rules.
2. Go to Payroll → Configuration → Salary Rules and click on the “Accounting” tab to link Salary rules with Accounts defined in Chart of Accounts.
3. Go to Payroll → Configuration → Salary Structure and configure Salary Structure to be used in employee contracts.
4. Go to HRM → Profile → Employee and create an employee profile.
5. Go to HRM → Profile → Contract and create a contract for the employee for whom you need to create a payslip.
6. Go to Payroll → Payslips → Payslip and create a payslip and process it. In this menu, you can create payslips for all the employees individually.
7. Go to Payroll → Payslips → Batches and create a record for employees for whom you want to create payslips. Generate the payslips and go to Payroll → Payslips → Payslips. There you can see all the payslips generated through the batch. Select all the payslips and click on the “Action” button. You can see all the buttons for validation, confirmation, payment etc. Click on the buttons to process the payslips on one click.
8. Go to Payroll → Master Data → Special ALW/DED and create a record for special allowances and deductions to be added in selected employees’ payslips.
9. Go to Payroll → Reports and you can see multiple reports with respect to salary structures, salary category, by employee, yearly salary and salary income tax.You can apply multiple filters to sort the data according to your requirements
- Go to Configuration → Chart of Accounts menu and add accounts
- Go to Configuration → Journals menu and add journals for bank and cash books.
- Go to Configuration → Stakeholders menu and add customers, suppliers etc.
- Go to Configuration → Analytics Accounts menu and add projects etc.
- Go to Configuration → items menu and products (consumable, services, stockable)
- Go to Receivables → Sales menu and create an invoice for the customer.
- Go to Payables → Purchase/Expense menu and create invoice for supplier.
- Go to Procurement → Configuration → Settings to enable the Purchase Requisition option.
2. Go to Procurement → Configuration → Requisition Type to add purchase requisition types.
3. Go to Procurement → Configuration → Indicator Categories to configure categories.
4. Go to Procurement → Configuration → Indicators and create indicators list to be used in pre-evaluation and evaluation criteria.
5. Go to Procurement → Configuration → Bid Criteria and add the bid criteria with indicators on the basis of which the bids are evaluated.
6. Go to Procurement → Configuration → Methods of Procurement and create records..
7.Go to Procurement → Master Data → Vendors and add vendors.
8. Go to Procurement → Master Data → Products and add products.
9. Go to Procurement → Requisition → My Request and create a requisition request for services, goods and works.
10. Go to Procurement → Requisition → To Approve and check if any requisition request is pending for approval.
11. After approval of Purchase Requisition (PR), the Procurement section can assign Method of Procurement.
12. Go to Procurement → Purchase → Request for Quotation (RFQ)
- Go to Configuration → Settings to configure project program, sale order and purchase order setting.
2. Go to Configuration → Project → Project Types to add project types.
3. Go to Configuration → Project → Regions to add regions for projects.
4. Go to Configuration → Project → Project Stages to configure the project stages.
5. Go to Configuration → Task → Tasks to add tasks and their sub tasks. You can link these tasks with products and use them in projects.
6. Go to Configuration → Task → Task Stages to configure the tasks stages according to your need.
7. To create a Project, go to Dashboard, Fill the project form window with required information and add tasks. A Timesheet record for each task is created along with a task record.
8. Go to Timesheets → My Timesheets to enter the hours you have worked for on a project’s task. Go to the List view to update the work done and see the task progress.
9. To validate your employees’ timesheets, go to Timesheets → Last Week or Last Month and validate their timesheets.
- Go to Configuration → Program menu and create programs
- Go to Configuration → Sub Program menu and create sub programs
- Go to Configuration → Activities menu and create activities
- Go to Configuration → Indicators menu and create indicators
- Go to Configuration → Project menu and create projects.
- Select sub programs
- Select branches
- Load activities. If more activities are required then add from add an item. If some activities are not required then simply delete it. Similarly add and remove indicators.
- Add employees from other info tab for project access.
- Go to activity form menu and schedule activities.
- Go to Configuration → Settings and enable storage locations option.
- Go to Configuration → Warehouse Management →Warehouses to create multiple warehouses.
- Go to Configuration → Warehouse Management→ Locations to create locations.
- Go to Configuration → Products → Create Product Categories and configure the account information.
- Go to Master Date → Products and add products in inventory.
- You can create stock rules to automatically create draft manufacturing orders or request for quotations according to the stock level by going to Master Data → Reordering Rules.
The Payroll module includes a generic payroll engine that handles everything required to compute HR salary slips, the taxes to pay, etc. You can manage your company's payroll by using this module.
EnterpriseGovernance provides the following features for efficient payroll management process:-
- Salary rule: are used to compute data like allowances, deductions, net, taxes, contribution registers, etc. You can define salary rules by using the expression.
- Salary structure: Define a set of rules usually applied to a category of employees. Salary calculation after considering all the allowances, deductions and incentives (if any) etc.,
- Contribution registers: A register containing to whom the company or the employee have to pay taxes.
- Decimal Accuracy: You can set the decimal accuracy in payroll amounts and rates.
- Employee and contract: It includes everything required to compute the salary slip of an employee.
- Salary processing on the basis of leaves taken or number of working days.
- Generating Reports.
- Integrated with Contracts and Holidays.
Salary Rule Categories
Salary Rule Categories are your Basic, Allowance, Deduction, Gross, Net, Company Contribution, etc by using which you can categorize your Salary Rule. You can define Salary Rule Categories by using the menu Payroll → Configuration → Salary Rule Categories and click Create.
You can configure the following information:-
- Name : A name for the Salary Rule Category.
- Code : A code for the Salary Rule Category. It must be unique.
- Parent : It is used to create hierarchy for reporting purposes
- Notes: It is used to add any notes regarding the salary category..
After entering the Salary Rule Category information click Save.
Salary Rules are the various types of Allowances, Deductions, etc.You can define Salary Rules by using the menu Payroll → Configuration → Salary Rule and click Create.
There is a list of Available Variables which will be used to specify the field's value (as python code) on Salary Rules.
- payslip: object containing the payslips.
- employee: hr.employee object.
- contract: hr.contract object.
- rules: object containing the rules code (previously computed).
- categories: object containing the computed salary rule categories (sum of amount of all rules belonging to that category).
- worked_days: object containing the computed worked days.
- inputs: object containing the computed inputs.
You can configure the following information:-
- Name : A name for the Salary Rule.
- Code : A code for the salary rule. It must be unique.
- Category : Select a category for a rule.
- Sequence : Provide the sequence(integer).
Sequence plays a major role in the calculation and appearance of payslip lines. For example, a sequence defined on a rule calculating the Gross should always be greater than the sequence's given on Allowance's rules, else it won't be considered in the calculation of Gross value.
- Active : If False, it will allow you to hide the salary rule without removing it.
- Appears on Payslip : If False, it won't appear on the payslip but will be considered in the calculation.
- Condition Based on : Consider a rule on the basis of some condition.
- Always True : As the name implies the condition is always True and hence rule will always be considered in the Payslip calculation.
- Range : The rule will be considered if it falls under a particular range.
- Range Based on : You can provide the base value for range by using the above mentioned variable. For example, contract.wage. This will take the wages mentioned on contract.
- Minimum Range : The minimum amount applied for this rule.
- Maximum Range : The maximum amount applied for this rule.
- Python Expression : You can specify your condition by python expression.
- Python Condition : The expression can be written using the above mentioned variable. For example, result = rules.NET > categories.NET * 0.10 .
- Contribution Register : Eventual third party involved in the salary payment of the employees.Used in report.
- Amount Type : The computation type for the rule amount. There are three types available to compute the amount.i.e Fixed Amount, Percentage, Python Code.
- Fixed Amount : As the name indicates the amount is fixed.
- Quantity : For e.g. A rule for Meal Voucher having a fixed amount of 1€ per worked day can have its quantity defined in expression like worked_days.WORK100.number_of_days which will then be multiplied with the amount.
- Fixed Amount : An amount for a rule.
- Percentage : Here you can calculate the amount through percentage.
- Percentage based on : You can provide a base value for type percentage by using the above mentioned variable. For example, If you want to give 5% of wages for Provident Fund then you have to specify percentage based on as contract.wage.
- Quantity : For example, a rule for Meal Voucher having a fixed amount of 1€ per worked day can have its quantity defined in expression like worked_days.WORK100.number_of_days which will then be multiplied with the calculated percentage amount.
- Percentage : Provide Percentage.
- Python Code : You can specify your condition by python expression.
- Python condition : For example, If you want to calculate Gross then you can write your expression like result = categories.BASIC + categories.ALW where BASIC and ALW are salary rule categories code.
- Child Rules : It is used to assign child rules.
- Accounting : It is used to link the salary rule with the debit, credit and tax accounts.
- Inputs : It is used when you want to provide some Input.
- Description : Description for an input.
- Code : A code for an input that can be used in salary rule. Code must be unique.
- Description : Description regarding the rule.
After entering the salary rule information click Save.
Sign of amount
If you are defining a rule for Allowance then make sure that the amount , percentage or python code you enter is positive. And if it's for Deduction then it has to be negative.
If you are using python code then the returned value has to be set in the variable result.
You can also use the method() in your expression. There is a sum() method available for three objects/variables i.e.payslip, worked_days, inputs. They are:
- payslip.sum(code, from_date, to_date)
- worked_days.sum(code, from_date, to_date)
- inputs.sum(code, from_date, to_date)
Using the menu Payroll → Configuration → Salary Structure you can define salary structure.
Salary Structure for an employee
You can configure the following information:-
- Name : A name for a salary structure.
- Reference : A code for a salary structure. It must be unique.
- Parent : Select a structure whose rules you want to inherit.
- Salary Rules : Add the salary rules which you want to provide under your structure.
After entering the salary structure information click Save.
We need to define a contract for an employee which will be used during the payslip generation. Using the menu HRM → Profile → Contract you can define contracts.
Contract for an employee
Installation of payroll module adds the following fields on contract:-
- Salary Structure : Salary structure for payslip.
- Scheduled Pay : When a salary/wages are scheduled to be paid. e.g. monthly, weekly, quarterly, etc
After entering the contract information click Save.
Using the menu Payroll → Payslips you can generate payslips.
You can configure the following information:-
- Employee : Select an employee.
- Reference : Slip number.
- Contract : Select a contract to be considered for payslip.
- Structure : Salary Structure for generating payslip lines.
- Description : Description of payslip.
- Credit Note : If True, indicates this payslip has refund of another.
- Date From : The beginning date of pay period.
- Date To : The last date of pay period.
On the selection of an employee the Reference, Contract, Structure, Description, Worked Days and Input data ( if you have a rule that has an input data) fields will be automatically filled.
Click on the Compute Sheet button will fill the payslip lines based on the rules defined in your salary structure.(In Salary Computation tab) Payslip lines will appear and will be calculated based on the sequence provided on salary rules. Allowances and Deductions will be shown in positive and negative values respectively.
Details By Salary Rule Category: It displays the rules grouped by its categories.
Worked Days & Inputs:- It displays the worked days and inputs.
- Worked Days : The no of days and hours an employee has worked. It will be computed on employee onchange. It calculates the number of working days and hours on the basis of Working Schedule provided on contract. It also calculates the leaves.
- Description : Description regarding your working or leave day.
- Code : Code for Payslip Worked Days. .. note:: You cannot change the code for working days i.e.'WORK100'.
- Number of Days : Number of Days an employee has worked or taken leave.
- Number of Hours : Number of Hours for which an employee has worked or taken leave.
- Contract : Contract to be applied for Payslip Worked Days.
- Other Input : It is used when you want to provide some incentives, commissions, etc. Input Data comes from the rules having Inputs. You need to provide an amount through Input Data of payslip.
- Description : Description for Payslip Input.
- Code : A code for Payslip Input.
- Amount : The amount for an incentive.
- Contract : Contract to be applied for Payslip Input.
Other Information : - It holds the information regarding the company, payment, notes, etc.
- Company : The company.
- Payslip Batches : Name of Payslip Batch through which payslip is generated.
- Made Payment Order : If True, the payment is made.
- Notes : Some additional information related to payslip.
Click on the Confirm button when the payslip is fully calculated and the Payment is made. It will change the state to Done.
Using the menu Human Resources ? Payroll ? Payslips Batches you can create payslips for various employees at a time. Its like a register which holds payslips of various employees created through Generate Payslips wizard.
You need to configure the following:-
- Name : A name for Payslips Run.
- Date From : The beginning date of pay period which will be the Date From for payslips to be created.
- Date To : The last date of pay period which will be the Date To for payslips to be created.
- Credit Note :If True, indicates that all payslips generated from here are refund payslips.
Click on the Generate Payslips wizard will let you choose the employees for which you want to generate payslips.
Generate Payslips wizard
- Payslips : It holds the newly generated Payslips through wizard.
A click on the Close button of Payslips Batch changes the state to Close.
Using the menu Human Resources ? Configuration ? Payroll ? Contribution Registers you can create a Contribution Register.
You need to configure the following:-
- Name : A name for the Contribution Register.
- Company : Contribution Register belonging to a company.
- Description : Description related to Contribution Register.
After creating a register you can assign it on Salary rule. When Payslip is created, payslip lines generated through salary rules having a contribution register will be linked with that register. To see the payslip lines related to a contribution register go to that particular register and print the Payslip Lines report.
Employee Payslip PDF Report
You can print the Employee Payslip PDF Report from the view of Employee Payslips from Print button.
Payslip Details PDF Report
You can print the Payslip Details report from the view of Employee Payslips. It prints the report grouped by Salary Rule Category.
Payslip Lines PDF Report
You can print the Payslip Lines report from the view of Contribution Registers. It prints the Payslip Lines by Contribution Register.